SNQ Certified Telecare Service Center
KMUH Tele-healthcare Center
KMUH Tele-healthcare Center, established in 2005 and officially accredited in 2009 as the “Southern Telecare Regional Service Center” in Taiwan by the then Department of Health, Executive Yuan (now MOHW), is the leader in tele-healthcare in Taiwan and is the first medical center-based tele-healthcare center offering telecare and telehealth services to patients.Through providing the 24/7/365 tele-healthcare services and home visit care, the Center aims at assuring the discharged patients of accessing continued comprehensive professional consultation and care, and enhancing their understanding of the diseases such that the quality of life of the patients as well as those of their family members can be assured.Over the years, the Center has received a number of awards for demonstrating excellence and standards of its services, and the Symbol of National Quality (SNQ) consecutively for six years since 2012 for its unique performance demonstrating safety and quality.
The Center converges medical and information & communication (IC) technologies for developing informatics-enabled healthcare service operations capable of improving population health and life quality. Onekey operation of the Center also focuses on developing tailored innovative tele-healthcare capabilities to be applied by various clinical specialties such that, from the perspective of disease prevention,the passive user-sought healthcare model can be transformed into the active provider-initiated model. It is anticipated that the “passive-active conversion” may facilitate achieving R4, i.e., 1) Reduction of time for patient to receive proper treatment, 2) Reduction of emergency visits, 3) Reduction of readmission rate, and 4) Reduction of hospital stay.
The overall objective of the tele-healthcare service operation is to assist the integrated healthcare networks in achieving the Biomedical Quadruple Aim (Better User Experience, Better Outcome, Better Cost-effectiveness, and Better Provider Experience), P4 Medicine (Personalized, Predictive, Preventive, and Participatory), and effective Population Health Management.
1. Service Items: 24/7/365 Monitoring & Follow-up、Real Time Health Advice、Exclusive Appointment、Emergency Transfer、Home Visit、Drug Site-delivery.
2. Highlighted Service Features:
(1) Medical center-based, 24/7/365 professional tele-healthcare service team,
(2) Automated vital signs collection & transmission,
(3) Exclusive patented and proprietary know how-supported digital health operation and service system,
(4) Personalized health data management, and
3. Selected Service Outcomes:
(1) Disease prevention and health promotion: Induced regular blood pressure self-measurementhas yielded a convincing outcome that the higher monitoring rate leads to the lower irregularity rate,
(2) Reduce unexpected hospital visits: unexpected readmission rate can be reduced by 5.8-fold over a tele-healthcare service period of 10-18months compared to the average rate observed without tele-healthcare intervention.
1. Acute Conditions (Cardiovascular diseases、Stroke)
2. Chronic diseases(Hypertension、Diabetes、Cholesteremia)
3. Employee Health Management
4. Community & Institutional Care
5. Alerting Health & Health-conscious Population